All on 4 Dental Implants
This treatment concept was developed to provide patients with missing or failing teeth an immediate, efficient and effective solution where they leave the practice with a new smile.
What does the All-On-4 treatment involve?
- This treatment is also known by several other names, including Teeth in a day, All on 6, Same day teeth, Same day smile and Teeth now.
- In just one visit, a full-arch or both top and bottom arches of missing or failing teeth are replaced with a fixed bridge supported by dental implants.
- Patients no longer need to wear their dentures from the day the treatment is performed as the temporary bridge is fixed.
- After the initial clinical assessment, where a CBCT scan is performed and impressions are taken for our laboratory to manufacture a temporary fixed bridge, the next appointment will involve extracting any remaining teeth. The dental implants will then be fitted (Immediately loaded implants), usually 6 implants in the upper arch and between four and six in the lower arch.
- If necessary, socket preservation will be performed to augment the bone.
- The temporary fixed bridge is then fitted to the supporting implants, and a period of 3 to 6 months is allowed for the implants to integrate into the bone structure of the jaw.
- After this healing period of 3 to 6 months, the temporary fixed bridge is replaced by the final solution such as NobelProcera Implant Bridge Titanium with acrylic veneering, or individual NobelProcera crowns cemented to the bridge framework, or removable solutions, such as acrylic overdentures on a NobelProcera Implant Bar Overdenture.
Benefits of All On 4 Implants
- At St Paul’s Square Dental practice, we appreciate that our patients have hectic lives. The All On 4 dental implants is a more time efficient procedure than the traditional full arch treatment process as the number of appointments are minimized.
- The treatment can be performed on patients with minimum bone volume.
- Patients have fixed teeth throughout the treatment process with temporary fixed bridges being fitted, eradicating the need for temporary dentures.
- Our patients say it is a life-changing procedure in just a few appointments, in comparison to the years they have endured ill-fitting dentures or failing teeth. The patient can now smile confidently just from the second appointment with a natural-looking, secure and comfortable bridge attached to dental implants.
- All-on-4 treatments can be planned and performed using the NobelGuide treatment concept, ensuring accurate diagnostics, planning and implant placement. The NobelGuide Software allows for detailed diagnostics such as identification of available bone, virtual implant placement according to the anatomical situation and prosthetic needs, and ordering of an individualized surgical template. NobelGuide supports minimally invasive flapless techniques as well as surgical access through mini-flaps and full flaps, while the surgical template ensures guided and therefore exact implant placement.
Who is suitable for All On 4 Implants?
- A patient that currently wears dentures or has a failing bridge, that may be ill-fitting affecting the individual’s confidence particularly when smiling, eating or talking.
- A patient that has failing teeth, that are damaged, unsightly (possibly due to poor oral health, smoking, caffeine intake etc) or loose (perhaps due to gum disease), and would prefer not to wear dentures.
- A patient who wants a fixed not temporary solution throughout their treatment, such as a temporary fixed bridge until the final solution is implemented.
- A patient that is limited to eating soft foods due to ill-fitting dentures, bridges or loose teeth.
- A patient that requires bone augmentation of any degree. The All on 4 Dental Implants procedure reduces the requirement of bone augmentation.